Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Just reminiscing

On July 21, 2011, I posted the following on my FB author page. I had just started writing the novel that would become A Death on the Wolf.

I re-learned a valuable lesson tonight. I have had the idea for a story in the back of my mind for the past two years. I've sat down countless times to start the writing, and each time came up dry. Tonight, instead of once again trying to force it, I just sat down at the keyboard, cleared my mind, and let the story unfold in my minds eye. But it wasn't the story from the back of my mind over the past two years. It was something new and different...and better. Object lesson: Don't try to write to a story, write from one. Listen to that inner muse; don't try to force it to listen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment